Tuesday, December 16, 2008

WE nearly danced out of the NOKIA store, under strings of red and green lights.  The Snow was falling rapidly, and my feet were numb. But inside, I felt like my neshama could fly. 

We hadn't expected it, in the least. Maybe a yid or two, and three, if lucky. 
I'm still WOWED by the way we found so many Jews. 

----

We had already walked up and down the street twice, and did the not have the least success. Some of those we stopped  nodded and rushed away, others smiled politely and said they weren't-- " ...and  NO! my boyfriend ISN'T  Jewish either, thank you very much." 

With our hope dissipating, we contemplated heading home. Suddenly, we bumped into a guy, short, round, with a cigarette dangling from his mouth. 

We told him what we were doing, and he pointed out to us 2 stores with which the owners were Jewish. We thanked him profusely, and ran to the stores, still holding onto  our last glimmer of hope. 

And it didn't stop there. We soon  realized that almost EVERY store on the block was Jewish. we just never entertained the thought that they might be. All it took was one man to tell us there were 2 Jews, to lead us to find more. 

-------

 There's two ways to look at mivtzoyim
a) I'm doing then a favor by going out of MY way. 
b) they're doing me a big favor, by giving me the satisfaction. 

I prefer the latter. 

They gave me so much more. Every time someone said  "YES, I'M JEWISH!"  I was so proud! 
I felt so good..... 
You see, cuz when i give a gift to the Rebbe, He gives it back to me =)

1 comment:

  1. BRAFY!!!! WHOA !
    nicly written.. another point on like how like wtvr ... like when we were passing the stores and the only waywe knew if the owner was jewish was from the mezuzah... the mezuzah identified his identity.. and also one point barfy that amazed and inspired me barfy that u didnt add.... that when we were walking into one of the store s2 shvartzes bubmed into us and were were b4 right as we were reaching iver to kiss the mezuzah... maybe and prply the 1st time ne1 did that day ... they walked right into us and said "hey where do u think ur going .... CAN U WATCH URSELF ... and jews !@#$^&*()(&%$##@ BBLA BLA !!! " and many of us said guyz its late were in a dangerous neiberhood with 1 CELL lol and no adults lets get outa here ... but some of us took a stand anmd said no were not letting these ppl get the bettr of us and we walked right past them with our heads high and headed staright to the jewish owner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOSHIACH NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete