Monday, September 29, 2008

forgive me if you will!

As I walked home from selichos tonight, I realized that I have so much to be thankful for. Now, this was not the first time I realized this. In fact, every day I am thankful to hashem for providing me with multitudes of blessings. For my life, for my family and for my education.

But tonight's realization was something different. I realized that there is so much more I should be thankful for. Of course, its not huge. Its not small. Its not pretty. You cant even touch it. In fact, its much more then that.

It's a G-d granted power. The power to do teshuvah. We all make mistakes. We all do our wrongs. Like this morning, my alarm clock rang. I knew it was shabbos. Ok- fine. so, am I not suppossed to get my menucha? ?

Well...

I pushed the off button. (with my elbow, of course!)
As soon as I did it, feelings of regret overwhelmed me.

But one thing I knew I could do teshuvah.
I know Hashem will forgive me. I know. I know. I know!!

And thats just another reason why I love Hashem ;)


And then I got thinking. G-d granted us the power to beseech forgiveness. But its more than that. He gave us the power to forgive.

I know I' ve wronged my friends, in somew way or another. And it's not hard to think up of times I have.

Like, loshon hara... it came out of my mouth, not meaning to do wrong. It was just a simple little conversation. But someone was hurt and affected. Myself included, For those guilt feelings linger.

Or when you called me to study with you, and in the end I left you waiting, while I went to study with someone else.

Or that time when I was just soooo stressed out and busy and just simply forgot about you when you needed me most.

Or when I forgot to call you to tell you I was running late and made you stand out in the cold for hours.

Mistakes are made by the best of us.

But we ALL have a G-d granted power.
Use it.

Before the Yomim Neerayim, I am beseeching forgiveness from my friends from the bottom of my heart.
I want to start the new year with a clean record and a neshama pure with the gladness of hashem.


Ksiva vachasima tova and all the best.

Sincerly,
CMBC

No comments:

Post a Comment